Monday, September 8, 2014

broken places.

My daughter sent me the most beautiful cups from Anthropologie. 
When I unwrapped them, the handle had cracked on the blue one.  I didn’t want to tell her so when she called I just focused on how much I liked them.

'But did they get there in one piece?' she asked for the second time. 
She’s very direct.
 
Her response was typical, 'Why didn’t you tell me in the first place?  I’ll get another one and bring it with me when I come!' 
And she did.
  
It’s sitting here now, full to the brim with coffee and cream and it’s beautiful. 

But after two days it developed a hairline crack.  I think Anthropologie needs to get their act together.  
But it won’t stop me from using it.

And the one with the broken handle?  I’ve planted it with grass seed and set it on the window sill…

After all, the most beautiful things have broken places.

-lindasinklings
gathering days.42

No comments:

Post a Comment